When the last time you walk by foot? Scientists agree that walking is one of the healthy thing we should do daily. They suggest 30 minutes a day of walking or at least 10.000 steps. Nowadays we are eased by modern technology on transportation. Cars help us to go anywhere easily.
This easy of going anywhere makes us getting lazy ourselves to walk by foot even just to near place. Here are some benefits of walking you should know :
* Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
* Lower blood pressure
* Reduce high cholesterol and improve blood lipid profile
* Reduce body fat
* Enhance mental well being
* Increase bone density, hence helping to prevent osteoporosis
* Reduce the risk of cancer of the colon
* Reduce the risk of non insulin dependant diabetes
* Help to control body weight
* Help osteoarthritis
* Help flexibility and co-ordination hence reducing the risk of falls
So, this kind of exercise is necessary to us. At least do it 30 minutes a day, just walk to the near place you could reach and making friends on the way, it's cool!