Nowadays the using of plastic bag is substituted to other various alternatives and hopefully becomes trend to our society. There's so many alternatives such as using cotton bag or even doing a charity by giving our used and useless paper to a factory which will use it to produce paper bag.
Here are the various alternatives of that:
- Use biodegradable bags made from fabrics.
- Ladies can fold a cotton bag or two in to their purses which can be used to quench their sudden urge for shopping.
- Nylon bags can be used and reused several times.
- Donate old news papers and magazines to small scale institutes that cut these old papers in to paper bags and packets.
- Use a wicker basket. (They can make a fashion statement today.)
- Educate the local retailers on the ill effects of use of plastics.
- Insist your local retailers to use plastic bags of thicker variety if at all he has to use.
- Offices can distribute canvas bags as New Year gifts instead of diaries and other sweet nothings.
- Better still buy a foldable shopping trolley. When you can buy a stroller for your new born this is not impossible you see.
- The common man is already burdened with spiraling prices, so I don’t wish to suggest to the government to impose a plast-tax. Mere ban will fail, as it has in the previous.